Congratulations for being shortlisted for the PMRF interviews in the discipline of IDSE (Interdisciplinary Programs in Science and Engineering) for which IISc is the nodal institute. As you are making arrangements for attending the interview at IISc, this page will be guiding you with the process.
- Report at 8:30 AM in Room No: 102 (First Floor) on the date of Interview at CDS, IISc, Bangalore (Google Maps Link)
- Complete document verification by 9:30 AM. As you are signing registration, you can also know the interview committee (I,II, III, and IV) allotment against your application. Please make a note of it.
- Slot for interviews (Morning/afternoon) against your application number will be available at 10 AM of the date of interview on this website as well as notice board of CDS.
- Complete your interview as per the slot allotted to you. You can leave after interview is finished.
Important Rooms in CDS/SERC:
REGISTRATION/DOCUMENT VERIFICATION ROOM: Room No: 102 (First Floor)
Interview Committee Room Nos:
- Committee I – Room No: 308 (Third Floor)
- Committee II – Room No: 309 (Third Floor)
- Committee III – Room No: 220 (Second Floor) [PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE]
- Committee IV – Room No: G07 (Ground Floor)
Control/enquiry room- Room No: 305 (Third Floor)
For all candidates, there will be no accommodation provided on campus. The candidates are requested to make their own arrangements for attending interviews.
- The nearby places to eat on campus of IISc are: Prakruthi & Nesara
- PMRF Committee will not be responsible for any accommodation related issues. IISc/PMRF committee is not responsible -in any manner- for accommodation outside the campus.
- No communication with respect to accommodation is entertained by the PMRF committee.
- The reporting time is 8:30 AM and date of interview is communicated to candidates in the call letter. Please report at 8:30 AM for verification of your documents. The interviews are likely to finish by 6 PM everyday.
- There will be no written test, the selection is based on an oral interview.
- For any queries, please write an e-mail to PMRF IDSE Coordinator: idse.pmrf#iisc.ac.in (replace # with @).
- How to Reach IISc
- IDSE (Interdisciplinary Programs in Science and Engineering) Interview Venue: Google Maps Link
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. My train/flight got delayed, I am not able to report at 8:30 AM for interviews, whether I will be allowed to attend interview?
Ans: Only those report at 8:30 AM and complete the document verification process are allowed to attend the interview. If there is a delay due to unforeseen circumstances, please show valid proof for the cause of delay and you will be allowed to attend the interview.
2. Will I be allowed to change the interview date?
Ans: No. Exceptional cases can write to the PMRF IDSE coordinator, contact details are in Important Notes.
3. Which session (Morning/afternoon), will I be interviewed?
Ans: That information will be available after document verification. All candidates have to report at 8:30 AM on the date of interview.
4. What type of questions will be asked in the interview?
Ans: The selection committee expects you to be well prepared in your undergraduate subjects and questions will mainly test your fundamentals. Other than these subject questions, the committee might ask questions related to your PMRF project abstract and other course/research projects.
5. I do not have original Aadhaar card, I have only e-Aadhaar/m-Aadhaar, can I show it?
Ans: Yes. Please do not forget to get a copy of your regular e-aadhaar (NOT masked). If it is m-Aadhaar, it has to be shown in the UIDAI mAadhaar app (No screenshots are allowed).
6. I have been allotted Committee-X, can I change it to Committee-Y?
Ans: No. The committee allotment is based on your background and the abstract submitted by the candidate. The candidate has to appear for the interview in the committee allotted to him/her by IDSE application screening committee.
7. Whom should I contact in case of further questions?
Ans: Please write to the PMRF IDSE coordinator, contact details are in Important Notes.