Below are some of the common computing resources available to the members of the department. The list is incomplete and will be updated.
- Servers: The department has two servers for mail and website. Each of the server has a 6-core Intel Xeon E5email@example.com GHz, 48GB RAM and a 2TB HDD. These running virtual machines for mail servers (2 VMs), department web site (1 VM), faculty websites (1 VM), and student websites (TBD, 1 VM). The point of contact for the servers is Prof. Yogesh Simmhan.
- Storage: NetGear RN314 4-bay NAS box, with 4 Toshiba 2TB compatible HDD. The point of contact for the storage is Prof. Yogesh Simmhan.
- Projector: The department currently has a portable LG BG630 projector, XGA (1024 x 768), WiDi/Miracast wireless projection.
- Printers/Scanners/Copiers: Canon color network printer iR-ADV C3320 at Room # 103. Some of the features of this printer include scan and send through email, secure printing etc. The point of contact for the printers/scanners/copiers is Mr. Gowranga.
- Supercomputers & other clusters: All members of the department also have access to the facilities offered by the Supercomputer Education & Research Centre (SERC). Kindly go over the instructions on the SERC website to avail these facilities.
- Softwares: All the faculty and students have access to the latest numerical and computational softwares. All the softwares are available through SERC. Kindly follow the instructions available at http://www.serc.iisc.in/facilities/software/ to obtain these softwares.
- turing cluster
- 24 Compute Nodes in two 12 node 3U blades. Each node has one 8-core AMD Opteron 3380 processor @ 2.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD, Gigabit Ethernet port
- 1 Head Node with one 6-core Intel Xeon E5-2620 v3 processor @ 2.40GHz, 48GB RAM, 1+4TB HDD, Gigabit Ethernet ports
- One 24 port L2 Gigabit Ethernet switch
- Running CentOS, MPI, PBS and Apache Hadoop/Yarn
- Mounted on a 24U Rack
- 1 GPU node
- CPU: Xeon E5 2620 V2
- Memory: 24GB (3 x 8GB DDR3-1600 ECC)
- Hard Drive: 2 x 1TB SATA Seagate Enterprise HDD
- NVIDIA Tesla K40M
- Server Model: SYS-5017GR-TF
- Chassis: CSE-818G-1K43B-Bdle
- MBD: X9SRG-F