The JRD Tata Memorial Library (JRDTML) completed its centenary year of establishment in 2011. It was one of the first three departments to have been started in the Institute. Initially, the library was housed in the majestic main building. The library moved into the present premises in January 1965, built out of grants provided by University Grants Commission (UGC) in commemoration of the golden jubilee celebrations of the Institute in 1959. In 1995, the library was renamed as “J.R.D. Tata Memorial Library”. The library is centrally located and its total area measures more than 5,000 sq. mts.