Grants/Lab Manager at Department of Computational and Data Sciences (CDS), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
Grants/Lab manager has to serve four faculty members of Department of Computational and Data Sciences (CDS, http://cds.iisc.ac.in/people/faculty/), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and it will be a contractual position with an initial tenure of one year and renewable each year based on performance.
Consolidated pay of Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 75,000/- per month depending on qualifications and experience
Minimum Master’s degree (Ph.D. degree is desirable) with excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong ability to work with research groups and excellent management skills including multitasking. Proficiency with Microsoft office products (grant writing experience is desirable).
Duties (not limited to):
- Getting relevant quotes
- Obtaining necessary approvals from the Institute
- Any other help with submission of the proposal, necessary follow-ups
- Once approved, following up with funding agency to make sure funds have arrived at the Institute.
- Initiating the project under CSSP/SID/CSIC and setting up debit head
- Generating invoice, purchase orders and follow up for subsequent instalment payment
- Coordination with vendors on equipment installation and maintenance.
- Assisting with post facto reimbursement of travel and other lab expenses by student and staff
- Tracking usage of funds under different project, deadlines for funds expiry, making sure the funds are utilized optimally, coming up with suggestions a-priori as necessary
- Generating utilization certificates (UCs) and statement of expenses
- Coordinating with other PI/Co-PI institutions on funds receipt, preparation of reports/presentations and generation of UCs for multi-institution projects
- Help with recruitment of project personnel
- Getting project personnel started on payroll upon recruitment
- Help with termination procedures
- Help with hosting and coordinating technical events such as workshops and symposia
- Sending invitations, managing on-campus facility reservations, interfacing with speakers
- Help with scheduling meeting with visitors (industrial/academic)
- Getting appropriate rooms booked (including accommodation/transportation)
- Preparing meeting minutes and following up with visitors on assigned tasks
- Coordinating with CDS office/IISc administration for any relevant matters
- Any other duties assigned by the host faculty from time to time
How to Apply:
Please share (via e-mail) your latest CV including all details that are relevant to this position to: Prof. Phaneendra Yalavarthy (e-mail: email@example.com). Your CV should include your mobile number. The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interaction with host faculty. The last date for sending CV is: December 10, 2018. The position will start from January 1, 2019.