- Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research: Joint funding of up to Rs. 8.7 lakh per annum (subjected to revision according to JRF/SRF slabs) from SERB, Industry and CII for a student towards research topic of relevance to industry. Candidates have to identify an industry partner. Application has to be submitted within 14 months of starting PhD. The Fellowship is for a maximum period of four years or completion of the PhD programme, whichever is earlier.
- Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics & IT: Fellowship of Rs. 31,500/month (1st and 2nd Year), and Rs. 35,000/month (3rd-5th Year). Students not using the hostel facilities will get HRA @ 30%. An annual Contingency grant/support: @Rs30,000 per year for consumables etc.
- MHRD Scholarship: All Ph.D., M.Tech.(Research) and M.Tech.(CDS) students admitted to the department will receive a monthly stipend from MHRD.
- Ph.D. Students: Rs.25,000/month for the 1st and 2nd years, and Rs.28,000/month for the 3rd-5th Years. A financial assistance of Rs.12,000/month is provided for the 6th year. Students not using the hostel facilities will get HRA @ 30%.
- M.Tech.(Research) Students: Rs.12,400/month for the first 2.5 years, and a financial assistance of Rs.5,000/month for next 6 months.
- M.Tech.(CDS) Students: Rs.12,400/month for the first 2 years.
- The department periodically has sponsored fellowships supported by industry grants for M.Tech.(Research) and Ph.D. students. These will be announced prior to each admissions cycle.
- For the 2017 admissions cycle, the following three additional fellowships are available: