Cargill M.Tech. Fellowships 2017 (brochure)
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. For more information about Cargill, do visit www.cargill.com.
About the Fellowship:
Cargill M.Tech. Fellowship is instituted at IISc and aimed at attracting highly talented students in the area of IoT/big data platforms and data science.
Given to two of the incoming (2017-2018) M.Tech. (Computational and Data Science) students
Entitlements of the Fellowship:
- Enhanced fellowship of Rs. 16,000 per month for 24 months
- Travel cum contingency amount of Rs. 1,10,000 for international/national travel and other expenses to support research including buying a laptop
- Internship of three months during the summer of 2018
Eligibility & Selection:
All M.Tech. (Computational and Data Science) students starting in August 2017 and wish to pursue their dissertation project in the area of
- Scalable Big Data and IoT Platforms for Smart Supply Chain Analytics with Yogesh Simmhan being the dissertation advisor
- Data Science for Agricultural Trading and Processing with Partha Talukdar being the dissertation advisor.
The selection committee will consist of CDS department faculty members as well as Cargill representative.
Contact: Chair, CDS (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
For a list of other fellowships available to PhD and Masters students at CDS, see the fellowships page.